Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chapter One

First blog ever. I feel like it should be profound. Set the direction for the rest of the blog but lets be serious direction is not something I have a lot of lately. I don't think there is a major life change I have not gone through this past month: ending a 5 year + relationship, moving, and getting a new job. It's enough stress to drive anyone insane.
I decided to blog because I've decided a lot of things lately and this is the best way to keep track of all of my epiphanies .

The first thing I "decided" and probably truly the best thing that I could have "decided" is that despite all the plans and desires for my happily ever after that I had built over the past few years being completely wiped away in a second that my happily ever after is still there. It's not just still there it is now. Why am I going to start over and wait for my happiness? Um, I'm not. I am not a very patient person and I've got a life to be living. I am done waiting. I am taking my happy ever after and making it now. No, it isn't going to be riding off into the sunset happily married into the life I had pictured in my head but it is going to be better. I am still going to get my happily ever after I am just in a different chapter in the book than I thought I was. I am truly just in chapter one. 

Now is the time for me to live. To discover what this main character is about. Discover strengths I never knew I had. To work on the flaws I am painfully aware of. It is time for me to experience all that is out there. 
I've made a 30 before 30 list. There is so much on there I would never of had a chance or the guts to do before this. 

I am hoping I will be the heroine of my own story and love who I grow into.

-


No comments:

Post a Comment