Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nerd Day and Enjoying Food

I have lost 33 lbs in the last 4 months.  This is awesome except that this past month I only lost 4 lbs.  I am so frustrated. I am frustrated not only because I am not losing weight as quickly as I was but because  I know why.

ME. It's all me. My calorie goal for a day is 1240. I have not been eating 1240 a day. I have been eating around 1500 a day or less than going out on the weekends with friends. I know how to eat the 1240 a day I just don't want to . I've enjoyed going out to eat or to a wine bar.  I have not gained any weight but I am only half way to my goal. It's just frustrating to know that I am standing in my own way. I went grocery shopping and made out a meal plan. Now its time to get my butt back in gear and keep it out of Torchy's , Hey Cupcake, Papa John's and Uncorked.


Total nerd moment on Saturday, the weather here in Texas was an amazing 80 degrees. For those of you not from the Lone Star State you may not see the awesomeness of this. Friday it was 103....it had been a triple digit temp for most of the summer. 80 degrees felt like a day straight from heaven.  Looking out my window at the gorgeous day I suddenly only wanted to be laying outside under a huge tree reading a book. So that's what I did. I went and got a library card  ( because I was out of good books) and then went to the local park. I laid under a tree on a blanket all afternoon reading Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult. It was a perfect day. It may have been wasted but it was wasted in the best way.
 If you don't believe me check out the pure joy on T-Monster's face. She ran around the whole afternoon visiting different blankets to get and give lots of free love.



If only I could have more days like Saturday followed by losing 30 more lbs even quicker than the first 30.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment